Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Vapour Organic Beauty

It's almost intoxicating to me when I find a new organic beauty line that performs as well as I hope. So needless to say, my discovery of Vapour Organic Beauty was a trilling experience. With passion and cosmetic industry experience, the Vapour team takes their job seriously, creating luxury performance cosmetics containing natural, healthy and minimally processed ingredients. A minimum of 70% of their items are comprised of organic ingredients and the remaining 30% are mineral pigments and essential oils. 





Mesmerize Eyeliner


Pictured in Truffle. Also has a great smudging tool on the end.

A good eyeliner is like gold, it pulls everything together and gives you a pop of definition and this Mesmerize Eyeliner certainly fits the bill. The pencil glides on perfectly with no friction. It's moisturizing, and easily blendible, but not enough so that it creeps down your face. This has become a staple, it goes everywhere my purse goes! The color, Truffle, an ashy dark brown, is perfect for any look day or night. It also comes in black and plum. No harsh adhesives or chemicals making it perfect for sensitive eye areas.

Vernissage 5-Free Nail Lacquer


 
No flash, indoors.

Natural lighting.

I'm currently obsessing over their nail polish. The hue is La Fee Verte and it is GOR-GEOUS. It looks black in the bottle, but oh, it's so much more. It's fairly opaque in application, the first coat is a phenomenal light olive green, but too sheer for my liking, so I layered on two more coats. The finish looks black indoors, but as soon as any light hits, it's this incredible, rich dark green. With 3 coats I was quite impressed with the quick drying time and glossy finish. Though I did hit it with a top coat. It's 5 free, non-toxic and safe for mommies-to-be and young girls. The wear factor was also really good, just subtle dissolution from the edges, no chips.

Siren Lipstick


Top: Restraint (Rose-Pink, has visible silver shimmer particles)
Bottom: Intuition (Reddish-Mauve, satin finish)

Restraint - Indoor/Flash, Intuition - Indoor/Flash

Marketed as a naturally, long wearing lipstick, these pack serious performance. It's been raved about in all of the magazines and I can see why. Who doesn't love fashion forward colors that last all day, especially knowing they are processed without chemicals and are pure plant ingredients. The  application wasn't as moisturizing as I typically like, but a good lip primer or top coat of gloss certainly remedied my particularness. I was pleased overall. Intuition is my go-to at the moment, it's the ideal fall lip color. It gives a more mature version of that Kylie Jenner lip that I love (not her or those lips, the lip color).

No comments:

Post a Comment